Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Office Hours?
- Monday – Friday. 8am – 5pm. Messages are periodically checked through the evenings, weekends, and holidays.
What Happens During a Visit?
- Our visits are tailored to each client. Our service includes, but not limited to, feeding, fresh water, washing the food & water bowls, dog walks, playtime in the yard (or indoors if the weather is terrible.) Brushings, litter box cleanings and administering medications. We are happy to plan out a schedule to fit your pet’s needs and keep them happy and in the comfort of their own home.
- We also provide household tasks such as fetching the mail, newspapers, deliveries, watering indoor plants and outdoor flowers. If you require a particular service, please let us know, we are happy to help. After each visit, our Pet Nanny will leave behind a written report card. We are also happy to provide text updates, along with pictures or videos.
How Do I Schedule, Change, or Cancel Service?
Please always contact the Office to schedule or cancel service, not the Pet Nanny. Our Pet Nannies can not change our scheduling system or a client’s billing.
What Is The Cancellation Policy?
We carefully plan out our schedules to meet the specific needs of our clients. We understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise, or plans might change. Please keep in mind we may have turned away new clients or altered personal commitments. We are very fortunate to have a team of devoted nannies who set aside their time to care for our clients appropriately.
Dog Walking: We don’t charge for cancellations with adequate notice. Late cancellations (made after 5 pm the night before the visit), or the same day are charged the full price, as this time was reserved for your visits.
Pet Sitting & Overnight Care: Once an appointment is scheduled, cancellations made 3 days before the start date will be charged 50% of the invoice.
Once a pet sitting appointment begins, any visits booked but no longer needed are invoiced at the full rate, as this time was reserved for your visits.
*Exceptions are made for inclement weather (snow, ice, hurricanes).
How Are Payments Handled?
- Zelle Bank Transfers are the quickest & easiest.
Please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checks: Payable to “The Peaks Pet Nanny” and mailed to the Office:
The Peaks Pet Nanny
949 Hunters Ridge
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
(Please do not leave behind payment for your Pet Nanny to collect.)
- Credit Cards: Are kept on file and charged for each completed appointment (plus a 3% processing fee).
Payment for Daily Dog Walking: Statements are emailed from QuickBooks at the end of each month, and payment is due upon receipt.
Payment for Vacation Care: Checks are due prior to your departure. If paying by credit card, the card on file will be charged upon your return.
Can I Tip My Pet Nanny?
Tipping is always welcomed & appreciated for a job well done!
Gratuities Can Be…
– Added to an appointment
– Mailed to the Office
– Left behind & marked for your pet nanny
How Do You Handle Keys?
To provide our clients with the most reliable service, we prefer that each customer utilize a key storage lockbox to hold a minimum of two keys (or two sets of keys) to their residence. Two are necessary to ensure that a backup key is always available in an emergency. Lockboxes can be easily purchased from Amazon. This way, keys remain safely stored at your premises, and our Pet Nannies will have immediate access to your home for when you need us….even last minute!
Door codes are also ideal.
Keys can be hidden in a secure & easily accessible location for our use.
Garage codes can be provided. However, please hide a backup key in the event of a power outage.
If we need to pick up or return keys, a $20 fee will apply.
Do You Give Medications?
- Medications are given as directed, but a Peaks Pet Nanny cannot be held responsible for any complications that may arise. Excessively shy pets with medical problems can be a severe risk. If you have such a pet, this should be thoroughly discussed.
Do You Clean Up Pet Accidents?
- Accidents happen, and we will do our best to clean up any mishaps accordingly. All cleaning products, paper towels, trash bags are to be provided by the client and readily available.
What Happens With Severe Inclement Weather?
- Dog Walking: If road conditions are unsafe, daily dog walking will be canceled as a safety precaution. Clients will be notified if we can not safely reach your home.
- Vacation Care: We will carry out the schedule to the best of our ability, and when road conditions allow us to drive safely. We will contact your “Inclement Weather Contact” in the case of severe delays due to inclement weather.
To cancel visits, please contact the Office, (as quickly as possible) so we can relay the message to our team in a timely manner. Appointments can be canceled the same day without a late charge.
- If emergency care becomes necessary, The Peaks Pet Nanny will attempt to contact the client. If the client cannot be reached, The Peaks Pet Nanny is authorized to act on the client’s behalf for the pet’s medical care. We reserve the right to utilize the services of any available veterinary clinic. If time or location permits, we will attempt to use your primary veterinarian.
Below is a helpful “Checklist” to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Notify the Office if you have changed your locks or alarm code since our last visit.
- Leave out your itinerary and contact information.
- Be sure ID tags, registration, and Rabies vaccine are up to date.
- Food, treats, and kitty litter should be well-stocked and readily available.
- Check collars, leads, gates, and the fence to make sure they are all secure.
- Sharp objects, plastic bags, and anything else that may harm your pet should be put away.
- Put away shoes, the kids’ toys, or other items that may be used as a chew toy.
- Cleaning products and medicines should not be left out.
- Insect, weed killer, rat poison, fertilizer, and paints should be safely stored.
- Close the doors to any rooms or sheds where a pet may get into trouble.
- Consider leaving on soft music and lights. Pets are much more comfortable when not left in complete silence or darkness.
- Enjoy Your Vacation knowing your pets are in great hands!