Do What You Love
Established in 2004, The Peaks Pet Nanny is a leader in the pet sitting industry and has proudly served more than 1,700 clients. Our proven methods, loyal customer base, and dependable team of 40 Pet Nannies have driven our success. We are hiring to keep up with our clients’ needs and their referrals of new pet parents.
The Peaks Pet Nanny has been featured in Woman’s World Magazine and has a stellar reputation as the premier pet sitting and dog walking company in Morris, Sussex, Essex, Passaic, Warren and Bergen Counties in New Jersey.
We are a family-owned and operated company that prides itself on high-quality pet care and personal, courtesy service to our clients. We operate from our office in Lake Hopatcong, assisting clients, and Pet Nannies with pet sitting requests, scheduling, and prompt customer service. We have worked diligently over the past decade and a half to develop a trusted name that you’ll be proud to represent.
We Are Hiring Dependable Animal Lovers For The Following Areas
- Florham Park / Madison / Whippany
- Morris Plains / Morristown / Cedar Knolls
- Rutherford / Lyndhurst
- Roseland / West Orange
Why Be A Peaks Pet Nanny?
Do you want to work with animals but not be bogged down with the administrative side of running a business? Our Pet Nannies enjoy the best part of pet sitting…being active, outdoors, and most importantly, taking care of our adorable furry customers.
You will be supported by our Office in many ways, including:
- Receive training on our tried and true business procedures and the best policies in the pet sitting industry.
- Our online marketing, SEO, social media, and customer referrals drive new clients to The Peaks Pet Nanny – daily!
- We cover your Liability Insurance and Honestly Bond – which can be costly.
- Our Office is open 365 days a year and provides prompt customer service to assist customers with scheduling needs.
- View your schedule efficiently and effectively through our user-friendly online scheduling software and mobile app.
- No need to worry about billing customers or collecting invoices. Peaks Pet Nannies are paid for each completed visit twice a month.
- Be part of an Award-Winning TEAM with backup coverage.
- Many of our Pet Nannies have been with us for years, if not decades.
- Live in the service area and willing to service a 10-mile radius.
- A genuine passion for helping people and caring for animals.
- Professional or personal experience caring for dogs and cats.
- In good physical condition to handle and walk large dogs.
- Honest, responsible, and reliable.
- Background checks and references are required.
- Comfortable working outside in all types of weather.
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment.
- Over 25 years of age (for insurance purposes).
- Own a dependable car, auto insurance, and driver’s license.
- Available for midday dog walking: Monday – Friday (approx. 10 am – 4 pm)
- Available for occasional “Vacation Care” for dogs and cats (morning, afternoon, dinner, and bedtime visits).
- Enjoy meeting clients for consultations and “meet & greets.”
- Timely, courteous, communication with clients, Office, and fellow Pet Nannies.
- Detailed, written report cards for the client after each visit.
- Provide text or phone updates for each client.
- Label and secure client keys.
- Access to the internet, email & printer. Smartphones are required.
Pet Nannies are 1099 Independent Contractors and earn a commission for each visit:
- $11 – $14 for each 30 Minute visit
- $15 – $19 for each 45 Minute visit
- $20 – $23 for each 60 Minute visit
Earn more on Weekends & Holidays!
*Benefits such as health insurance, disability, worker’s comp, or a base salary are not available as this is an IC position. We are not interviewing for seasonal or temporary help.
To Inquire, Email Us with the following information:
- Education & work history
- Experience with pets (professionally or personally)
- Your location & availability
- Why working as Pet Nanny interests you?
- Any other details you would like to share
We look forward to hearing from you!