Do What You Love
Established in 2004, The Peaks Pet Nanny is a leader in the pet sitting industry and has proudly served more than 1,500 clients. Our proven methods, loyal customer base, and dependable team of 50 Pet Nannies have driven our success. We are hiring to keep up with our clients’ needs and thriving business
The Peaks Pet Nanny has been featured in Woman’s World Magazine and has a stellar reputation as the premier pet sitting and dog walking company in Morris, Sussex, Essex, Passaic, Warren and Bergen Counties in New Jersey.
Pet Nannies feed, medicate, pamper, walk, and clean up after our clients’ pets and, of course, lavish them with love and attention. We provide timely client updates (including written report cards, texts, pictures, and videos) while ensuring the safety of our client’s pets and homes. Pet Nannies also update our online database with detailed client instructions and manage clients’ keys.
We are a family-owned and operated company that prides itself on high-quality pet care and personal, courtesy service to our clients. We operate from our office in Lake Hopatcong, assisting clients, and Pet Nannies with pet sitting requests, scheduling, and prompt customer service. We have worked diligently over the past decade and a half to develop a trusted name that you’ll be proud to represent.
We are currently interviewing Dog Walker / Pet Sitters for the following areas:
- Madison – Morristown
- Lake Hopatcong – Sparta
- West Orange – Maplewood
- Randolph – Morris Plains
- Live in your service area and willing to service a 10-mile radius.
- A genuine passion for helping and caring for animals.
- Professional or personal experience caring for dogs and cats.
- In good physical condition to handle and walk large dogs.
- Honest, responsible, and reliable.
- Background checks and references are required.
- Comfortable working outside in all types of weather.
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment.
- Over 25 years of age (for insurance purposes).
- Own a dependable car, auto insurance, and driver’s license.
- Available for midday dog walking: Monday – Friday (approx. 10 am – 4 pm)
- Available for occasional “Vacation Care” for dogs and cats (morning, afternoon, dinner, and bedtime visits).
- Enjoy meeting clients for consultations and “meet & greets.”
- Timely, courteous, communication with clients, Office, and fellow Pet Nannies.
- Detailed, written report cards for the client after each visit.
- Provide text or phone updates for each client.
- Label and secure client keys.
- Access to the internet, email & printer. Smartphones are required.
- Pet Nannies are compensated as 1099 Independent Contractors.
- Pet Nannies earn $10.50 – $20+ for each (30-minute) visit.
- Earn more for additional pets, weekend and holiday visits.
*Benefits such as health insurance, vacation time, sick time, disability, worker’s compensation are not offered as this is an IC position.
*We are not interviewing for seasonal or short-term or temporary help.
To Inquire, Email Us with the following information:
- Education & work history
- Experience with pets (professionally or personally)
- Your location & availability
- Why working as Pet Nanny interests you?
- Any other details you would like to share
We look forward to hearing from you!